October 15, 2014 1.6
Updating the book for Meteor 1.0.
- Updated section about adding Bootstrap and Underscore in Getting Started chapter.
- Updated code in Templates chapter for Boostrap 3.
- Changed directory structure in Collections chapter.
- Routing: updating template code, added “Post Not Found” section.
- The Session: added “A Note About Sidebar Code” note.
- Users: updating template code.
- Notifications: added “No Trespassers Allowed” note.
- Updated template code.
messagefield from posts.
- Added “Security Check” section.
- Added “Preventing Duplicates” section.
- Updated code examples.
- Added more explanations.
Allow & Deny
- Remove “Using Deny as a Callback” section.
Completely rewrote chapter (sorry translators!).
- Got rid of
October 3, 2014 1.5.1
- Fix quotes in comments chapter.
- Clarified Session chapter.
- Added link to the blog in chapter 8.
- Adding a note about reversing changes at the end of Session sidebar.
- Reworking section about the five types of packages.
- Changing “partial” to “inclusion” in Templates chapter.
- Added note about Animations chapter being out of date.
August 27, 2014 1.5
- Updated Pagination chapter.
- Fixed typos.
- Removed mentions of Meteorite throughout the book.
- Updated Creating A Package sidebar for Meteor 0.9.0.
- Now including changelog in book repo.
- Book version is now tracked in changelog, not in intro chapter.
- Added section about manual.meteor.com in Going Further chapter.
May 30, 2014 1.3.4
- Replaced Vocabulary chapter with Going Further chapter.
- Added new Vocabulary sidebar.
May 20, 2014 1.3.3
- Various typos and highlighting fixes.
- Small correction in Errors chapter.
May 5, 2014 1.3.2
Various typos fixes.
April 8, 2014 1.3.1
Finished 0.8.0 Update.
- 12 – Pagination: Use
- 14 – Animations: Rewrote the chapter to use a helper instead of the
March 31, 2014 1.3
Updated to support Meteor 0.8.0 and Blaze.
- 5 – Routing: Routing changes to support IR 0.7.0:
- Explicitly add
- 6 – Adding Users: Minor change for Blaze:
- 7 – Creating Posts:
- HTML changes for stricter parser.
- Update our
onBeforeActionhook to use
- 13 – Voting: Small change to the
January 13, 2014 1.2
The first update of 2014 is a big one! First of all, you’ll notice a beautiful, photo-based layout that makes each chapter stand out more and introduces a bit of variety in the book.
And on the content side, we’ve updated parts of the book and even written two whole new chapters:
- [NEW!] 3.5 – Using GitHub: New sidebar on how to use GitHub.
- [NEW!] 17.5 – Migrations: New sidebar about database migrations.
- 2.5 – Deploying: Rewrote chapter from scratch to be more up to date.
- 4.5 – Publications and Subscriptions: Merged in content from Understanding Meteor Publications & Subscriptions
- 15 – RSS Feeds & APIs: Updated chapter to use Iron Router.
- 16 – Using External APIs: Updated chapter to use Iron Router.
- 17 – Implementing Intercom: Rewrote chapter to match the Intercom package.
December 1, 2013 1.1
- 5 – Routing: Rewrote chapter from scratch to use Iron Router.
- 5.5 – The Session: Added a section about Autorun.
- 10 – Comments: Updated chapter to use IR.
- 12 – Pagination: Rewrote chapter from scratch, now managing pagination with IR.
- 13 – Voting: Updated the chapter to use IR, simplifed the template structure.
Minor updates include API changes between the old Router and Iron Router, file paths updates, and small rewordings.
- 6 – Adding Users
- 7 – Creating Posts
- 7.5 – Latency Compensation
- 8 – Editing Posts
- 9 – Errors
- 11 – Notifications
- 12 – Animations
If you’d like to confirm what exactly has changed, we’ve created a full diff of our Markdown source files [PDF].
October 4, 2013 1.02
- Various typo fixes
September 4, 2013 1.01
- Updated “Creating a Meteorite Package” chapter to Meteor 0.6.5
- Updated package syntax in Intercom and API extra chapters.
May 5, 2013 1.0